Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ken Jones: THE CLEATED BOOTS

.
‘ That Englishman, staying at the Plâs. I warned him not to go walking up in Coed Du. Not on Nos Calan. “I don’t believe in such things”, says he. Well, man, neither do I, but I like to hedge my bets. Is he found yet?’

‘No, he is not found. Only his boot prints in the snow. I’ d remembered, in the pub the other night those strange cleated boots of his. Duw, duw; those footprints ! They go in a circle all round the forest tracks – the oddest thing I’ve ever seen. No beginning, no end to them! Some trick, could be. But there’s something else I’ve never seen before – nor ever want to see again.’


Running boot prints
cloven hoof marks
close


Coed Du .......... Black Wood
Nos calan ....... New Year’s Eve

by Ken Jones
Aberystwyth, Wales

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post!